Gnocchi with tomato sauce
This is one easy to make recipe potato gnocchi with tomato sauce and fresh basil. This gnocchi with tomato sauce is very quick to make recipe and very delicious. You can add cheese on it or some more herbs if you like. This time I added fresh basil in the tomato sauce and mixed the gnocchi with the sauce.
If you like pasta and gnocchi, you will definitely love this easy recipe gnocchi with tomato sauce! Let’s begin!
I bought 2 packs of potato gnocchi because my husband and I can eat a lot 🙂 I don’t remember when was the last time we had gnocchi. That was the good idea to eat the gnocchi again. The combination of gnocchi and fresh tomato sauce is really good and when you add the cheese and the aroma of the basil… That is amazing.
I didn’t put lots of salt, because I love when it’s little bit more sour. The tomatoes are sour by itself, so I wanted to stay that way. At the end I added some pizza cheese because that pizza cheese melts very well.
So let’s begin!
- 2x500g of potato gnocchi
- 1 table spoon of butter
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- Couple of fresh tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Tomato paste
- Melting cheese
- Heat up the water for the gnocchi. When the water is boiled, put little bit of salt in it, put the gnocchi in the water and cook it for couple of minutes. When the gnocchi are done, strain the gnocchi and put them aside.
- Put 1 table spoon of butter in the pan.
- When the butter is melted, put the chopped garlic in it.
- In the meantime, mix the fresh tomatoes, ketchup and tomato paste in a mixing bowl. When the mixture is full mixed, put the fresh basil in it and mix it couple of more seconds.
- Put the tomato sauce in a pan where is butter and garlic. Heat up the tomato sauce a little bit.
- Put the potato gnocchi in the pan where tomato sauce are and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the fresh basil and prepare the cheese.
- Put the potato gnocchi and tomato sauce on the plate, spread the cheese on the top and spread the chopped basil on the top.
That’s it! Enjoy your meal! 🙂
Video how I made this gnocchi with tomato sauce and fresh basil:
Hope you like this recipe, and will try it yourself. Write in the comments do you like it and how YOU do it! I want to hear it, and we can exchange experience! 🙂