Creamy cold pasta salad
For this post recipe I prepared for you my favorite creamy codl pasta salad recipe. This cold pasta salad is perfect side dish or just main dish which can be eaten through the day like in my case 😀
My grandma used to make this salad for me for birthdays, some holidays and special occasions. I would eat only this salad the whole time. It is so delicious!
This creamy cold salad consists of couple of vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, pickles, but you can add whichever vegetables you like. I added some Swiss ham, cheese, corn and everything was combined with tasty mayo and sour cream. I like to add lemon juice because I like when the food is little bit more sour. It is more fresh and easier to eat.
It can be eaten like a side dish or just alone. It is very fatty because of the mayo and the cream but unbelievable delicious! Perfect creamy cold pasta salad! You can use whichever pasta you like. Usually, people use traditional macaroni pasta, but this time I used shell pasta for a change. LOVE to experimenting with the food.
Full recipe just like step-by-step instructions how to make this creamy cold pasta salad are listed below!
INGREDIENTS FOR COLD PASTA SALAD
- 750g of shell pasta (I made 2 bowls of salad)
- 3 peppers
- 5 tomatoes
- 10 pickels
- 280g of corn
- 300g of ham
- 1 lemon
- 250ml of sour cream
- 365ml of mayo
- 300g of cheese
HOW TO MAKE COLD PASTA SALAD
- Cook 750g of shell pasta 7 minutes. The pasta should be cooked al dente. Not soft. Leave to cool down to the room temperature.
- Cut the yellow, red and green pepper in a small pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds and the juice bacause the pasta can be too moist.
- Cut the tomatoes in a small pieces too.
- Take 10 pickels and cut them in a small pieces too.
- Open the ham and cut it into slices and than in a tiny long stripes.
- Put all the ingredients in a one bowl.
- Add in a bowl 280g of corn.
- Put the sour cream and mayo on all the ingredients.
- Add the lemon juice by your wish.
- Stir all the ingredients.
- Add the pasta and stir all together. Put in the fridge to cool down on one hour.
Here is the video how I made this creamy cold pasta salad:
That’s it! Enjoy this amazing cold pasta salad! 🙂
If you like this recipe, feel free to comment and share with others! Share your way of preparing this cold pasta salad too! 🙂