Cauliflower mash recipe
For this post I decided to share easy cauliflower mash recipe with onions and leek for the better taste. I like to put onions and leek in everything, because they give one different taste to everything. All the food tastes just better.
This cauliflower mash recipe is simple to make, and perfect for this cold weather which will come (somewhere is already cold) to warm you up! It is so light to eat and tastes amazing. Adding the butter and the spices makes it even more delicious. And the melting cheese on the top…well…who doesn’t like the cheese??
The cauliflower mash can be served like a side dish or just like a main dish for those who like it simple and quick!
The ingredients and the full recipe how I made it is written below. So, let’s started!
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 or 2 onions
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 table spoons of butter
- Salt, pepper, garlic
- Melting cheese
- Take the fresh cauliflower and wash it with the cold water a little bit.
- Heat up the water in a cooking pot.
- Cut the cauliflower in a small pieces.
- When the water is boiled up, put easily the cauliflower pieces into it so that you don’t get burn.
- In a meantime, cut the onion in 4 pieces.
- Wash the leek, and cut it also in a small pieces.
- After cooking the cauliflower for 10-15 min, put the onion, leek and garlic cloves in a water together with the cauliflower.
- Cook it al togerther for another 5-7 minutes.
- After all the ingredients are softer, remove al the water and put the cauliflower, onion, leek and garlic in a blending bowl.
- Put the salt, garlic and pepper on it how you like.
- Add the butter.
- Blend it all together until all the ingredients are full blended.
- Serve the cauliflower mash, put the melting cheese on the top, and a little bit of parsley just for the decoration.
- The cauliflower 10-15 min
- After adding the onion, leek and garlic 5-7 min more
That’s it! 🙂
I hope you like it! Put in the comments what do you think and share with us your version of it. We would like to hear it!